Wednesday, January 20, 2010

April 14, 2004

I was reading an old notebook (I almost always carry one around) and I came across this note:

Jo –

You are (underlined) funny. (I’m guessing I was declaring that I was in fact funny after what was probably a poorly executed joke or saying something I found clever and none laughed.) Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. But, - you can tell Edward that I think he’s cute.

Don’t get me wrong – I think you’re (underlined) cute – and funny and . . . yes. .. you’re boobs are big and I do appreciate that but . . . well . . . you’re cute – Edward’s cute and I’m fairly cute so there it is . . . we’re all cute. Life is just fantastic – isn’t it? Enjoy!!

Written my someone named JP 4/13/04 at the Eagles Club (FYI – 3 for ones and a big gay bar)

On the next page I had another one of my lists.

Minnesota Things To Do:

1. Boundary Waters – International Falls
2. Gooseberry Falls
3. Duluth
4. Spam Museum
5. Wineries
6. Madeoline Island – Bayfield, WI

On the next page I had another list.

New Orleans, Louisiana

Pro:
1. Mardi Gras
2. Speak fucked-up French
3. Good temperature all year round
4. H20
5. Old City!/History
6. Food
7. Diversity of Culture
8. Cultural Attractions

Con:
1. Mardi Gras
2. Hurricanes – Humidity
3. High Crime (Potential)
4. Expensive?
5.



Not only did I think that it is hilarious that some 6 years later I’m basically the same person doing the same shit (which I think is funny shit by the way) but that I am actually able to make a plan – No, that I’m actually able to make things happen for myself. (That is, not that I even recalled having considered NOLA as a place to move prior to my impromptu decision last year.) I did 4 of the 6 MN things to do list (Spam museum and International Falls I’ve not yet visited) and I did move to NOLA.

So there you have it: you choose to be happy, you choose to do things for yourself and you choose the life you will lead even if you choose only tiny little things.

My current NOLA list is way different than that one (which reminds me to add “no water” on the "hate" side of my list) so I’ll get around to posting that one of these days too.

Turns out life really is kind of fantastic. Isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. JP is right. Especially about your boobs.

    And yes, life is pretty fantastic.

    And BTW, not that I mind it, but it's currently 26F here in the Minneapple. Enjoy the balmy temps down there, ya hear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, VD - OMG evn funnier. I minded (the cold temps) and the sexy 70 temps here today were amazing. Long scooter ride and an otherwise glorious day!

    ReplyDelete