Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hate This Job

Hate is a bit strong but I cannot understate the amount of disdain I have about most of the folks that I work with; selfish, self-absorbed bunch of queens and fag-hags. I haven’t been there for like 8 or 9 days now (except for when I went in 4 days ago to talk to a manager about being sick) and their first response when I approach the family meal table: Are you still sick?

Wait, I didn’t explain that correctly. They weren’t inquiring in a way that was like, “oh, you poor thing, are you still ill?” No, it was this: they leaned away from me and they covered themselves – if they acknowledged me at all. They weren’t joking or trying to be funny. Most of them just went about chatting amongst themselves.

I- in my still terribly horse voice- tried to make a joke like, “Hey, this is what happens when you ignore your sickness.” And in response to their self-serving inquiry I said, “Yes, I am still sick but I am not contagious – just riddled with infection.” I stood there not knowing how to even take their response (or lack thereof). Not a one of them wished me well or, “hope you feel better.” So I just walked out.

I hate my fucking job and the people I work with. No assurance, however, that it’ll be any better anywhere else. But for the record . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment