Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Get That Gorilla Off My Back


Oh shit, another year has passed and I’m lying in bed sick. Part of it self induced and, in part, due to my having ignored allergens and sickness to the point of no recovery; compound that with a lot of bad (by which I mean good) eating, a lot of drinking, in addition to a rapid suction of over-drinking while good, good friends were in town .. . Well, there ya go, sickness.



If you know me you know I don’t have a monkey on my back but a gorilla. Seriously (literally), a gorilla (suit) and on this fine weekend I had two. (If you are not familiar with the gorilla shenanigans, your loss for sure.) Although I promised I’d spend this self-induced sick time looking for a new job, I lied (just a little). I’m mixing my meds with a bloody (just one I swear!) and working on my cookbook round up for the year. So, I’m gonna hunker down and review my notes, ask around a little, reflect on my purchases and, if I get around to it, maybe take a peek at Craigslist.


Missing my M like chickens!

P.S. I don't know (not me!) who to blame for the blurry shot but that would be me and my bff with 2 of the cheffie types at the Bourbon House. It is not the first time this kitchen has seen the gorilla, but a first for the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment